The Devil's Tongue is a full-automatic flamethrower created by Rancor. As a flamethrower, the range is limited.
As a flamethrower, and it's short-range, it's more difficult to fight against more powerful zombies, or bosses. Also to add on top, the -25% makes rushing, backpedaling, or kiting more harder.
The Devil's Tongue is more of an upgrade of the Ronson WP Flamethrower, as it haves more base damage, increase DoT, bigger blast radius, higher RoF, and lower reload time. However, it's not purely better than the Ronson WP Flamethrower, as the Devil's Tongue provides a smaller clip size, and higher RoF, making the clip drain out in 9 seconds. The Ronson WP Flamethrower, in the other hand, have a giant clip of 250, and lower RoF of 15, making it last for 16.666...(lol) seconds.
Recommended augments are...
- Tenacious, as the Devil's Tongue's power comes from the DoT(damage over time). Also deals more damage with the same amount of ammo.
- Capacity, to boost the clip size, and allow the users to burn for a longer period of time.
- Adaptive is pretty useful, and cheap, as it will help kill fire-resistance zombies quickly, and spend less ammo.
- Overclocked will improve dps, and stacks the DoT even more. But be sure to also add capacity if you're going to augment overclock, as it'll drain more rapidly. Plus you'll have to reload more often, making you more vulnerable.
- Enlarged will increase the range.
- Skeletonized could help reduce the movement penalty, but it's usually ignored, as one can switch to their sidearm.
- Race Modded.