The Feuerschlag (German for "fire-blast") is a fully automatic Thermal pistol made by Teknoboom. The Feuerschlag is a special pistol. It acts like a Rocket Launcher, and deals thermal damage, yet it's classified as pistol. The Feuerschlag is meant more of a kiting gun, or crowd controller of weaker, tight packs zombies. It's a kiting gun, as it have small movement penalty (yet the largest movement for pistols), and also have thermal damage over time. It's a crowd controller too, since it explodes, decent pierce (for a pistol), and again, thermal damage over time.
What makes the Feuerschlag stands out, comparing to other pistols is...
- It explodes in a circle, so you don't have to line up zombies.
- Second pistol to have DoT (damage over time).
- First pistol to deal thermal damage.
- Full-auto, saves your finger from clicking.
- The ammo isn't free and infinite.
- Thermal damage isn't always the option, as zombies could be resistance to thermal.
- Clip size, and rate of fire/rounds per second is very low.
- Biggest movement penalty for a pistol.
- Rather long reload time.
- Not found early on.
The Feuerschlag is still a nifty pistol. Decent AoE, thermal damage, full-auto, etc.
Recommended augments are...
- Tenacious, as the Feuerschlag's power comes from the DoT(damage over time). Also deals more damage with the same amount of ammo.
- Deadly, to buff the damage (Why augment tenacious first, rather than deadly? The DoT is bigger than the base damage).
- Capacity, to boost the clip size, as the clip is rather small. Also allow the users to fire for a longer period of time.
- Adaptive is pretty useful, and cheap, as it will help kill fire-resistance zombies quickly, and spend less ammo.
- Overclocked will improve dps, and stacks the DoT even more. Also, the rate of fire is lowest of all pistols, so Overclocked is important. But be sure to also add capacity if you're going to augment overclock, as it'll drain more rapidly. Plus you'll have to reload more often, making you more vulnerable.
- Enlarged will increase the range of the explosion.
- Pierce will allow more targets be damaged in the blast.
- Race Modded will decrease the reloading time, and time of vulnerable. But, due to the 20% reload cap, Race Modded is better if the grade is 6-7, or less.