The Guardian is a robotic class in SAS5.
It's a 4 legged crab-like robot, it has 2 supporting spots on the left/right side to house weaponry.
It's an extremely powerful defensive war-machine capable of huge amounts of firepower.
The Guardian houses several supporting/defensive skills, hence the name but it has a couple capable of serious damage.
1. Aura Barrier. This creates a very durable shield that can block projectiles and infected alike. It lasts until the shields destruction. It's emmitted about 2 meters in front of the turret covering a 90 degree arc. Shots from behind the shield can pass through.
2. Bearings. This increases the turrets turning speed.
3. Loader. Increases reload speeds significantly.
4. Healing Systems, a beam that heals allies and speeds up revives. This has AOE.
7. Infernal Burst. A powerful fire-charge that can devestate nearby opponents.
8. Automated Weaponry can't be upgraded. It lets you have an auto-targetting pistol on the back of the Guardian.
|Aura Barrier. [Activated] Costs 65 energy. Lasts until the shield's gone. 50 Second recharge.|
|A very durable barrier capable of holding back a lot of infected.|
|Increases the turret turning speed.|
|Level||time to turn 90 degrees|
|Increases the reload speed of weapons|
|Level||% of time decrease|
|Healing systems. [Activated] Costs 5 energy per second.|
|A beam that heals allies with reasonable AOE, it can also speed up revives.|
|Level||Healing per second||Revive speed boost.|
|Infernal Burst [Ultimate skill] [Activated] 105 energy cost, 5 minute cooldown. Slows the user by 25% for 5 seconds after use.|
|A devestating fiery charge capable of ravaging nearby flesh-based opponents.|
|Automated Weaponry [Ultimate skill] [Passive]|
|A pistol can be mounted on the back, this is automated and can fire independantly from the dual main guns.|
The Guardian is very good at locking down chokepoints and path-ways, the fire power can deliver a lot of damage to bosses.
The low mobility means it may need support however.
1. It can use 2 weapons at once, this can be extremely useful and powerful for unleashing a lot of pain upon enemies.
2. Bleed/blood related things immunity, robots have no blood.
3. Only gets 25% of the normal speed penalty due to heavy weapons/armour, as well as only 25% recoil.
4. The Guardian can use weapons that would usually need to be mounted, however the Guardian needs to be stationary to do so.
5. A higher than normal energy supply, a 25% bonus to both capacity and regen rate.
6. A base 10% fire resistance
1. Poor move speed
2. The "turret" takes quite a while to turn. Around 3 seconds to just turn 90 degrees.
3. The Guardian is quite low and can't fire over barricades.
4. The Guardian is quite a large and wide target, evading is tough.
5. The Guardian takes 35% longer to revive than normal.
6. It can only have 2 weapons equipped.
7. A base 5% toxic weakness.
You may be thinking, "how can this wear armour"? It does this by taking armour pieces and breaking them down into a module, which can then be used by the Guardian. These cannot be used by other classes however once it's a modules*.
Armours can be found as a module or some armours can only be found as a module.
Modules can be used by a Guardian in the exact same way as any other class would use the normal armour form of it.
Modules look like normal armour piece but cube-shaped
*There are a couple of exceptions, for example the Cataclysm.
Move speed: 1/3rd of normal
Turret rotating speed: 30 degrees per second.
Work in progress.