Basic Summary Edit
The Kaizen Corp. is a modified Grosse Messer, and specifically based off the one manufactured by Cold Steel. It's of high quality, and is able to slice through many enemies, and is a rival to the Kaizen Katana. It does more damage than the Kaizen Katana, pierces more enemies, and has a longer range and different ways to use this weapon, but is more exhausting to use, more costly to maintain, has a later drop level, and takes longer to "reload", since it's heavier than the Kaizen Katana. It can also overcome 20% of the enemy's physical resistances. Unfortunately, it has a 5% movement penalty if held, but is barely noticeable.
Playing Style Edit
All melee weapons should be used only as a backup weapon in situations when ammo runs out or you are reloading. However, this weapon is useful for clearing small to medium sized mobs of zombies in a pinch, with it's high damage and pierce.
Recommended Augs Edit
Deadly: The first choice for nearly all weapons. Allows it to deal more initial damage and lets it kill faster. Adaptive: Allows it to kill off physical resisting enemies easier. Makes it more versatile. It's also a crucial aug for Nightmare Mode. Biosynthesis: It will come in handy at regaining health in a pinch. Also, only 3 augments are eligible to be put onto this weapon, so every little bit helps.
- Noblemen and peasants in certain parts of Europe relied on it's real life counterpart as a form of self defense
- Grosse Messer literally means "Big Knife" in German
- It is part of Kaizen Corp.'s "Legends" series of weapons, consisting of revived and improved weapons of well known weapons from the past.
- It's one of the rarest melee weapons to be dropped in strongboxes.
- If the user doesn't sharpen it, it will be unusable until it's sharpened again
- This is the product it's based off ☀http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/88GMS/GROSSE_MESSER.aspx