Basic Summary Edit
The Kaizen Katana is essentially a real life Katana. It's very durable and very hard to make. This weapon has a lot of soul. It's damage is high for a melee weapon, and it's lightweight construction allows for a relatively high ROF for a melee weapon. You can complete 10 slashes with this weapon. It provides a 5% speed buff when carried. What makes this melee weapon unique, however, is that it has been modified to cut through the enemy's resistance, allowing the weapon to overcome 20% of enemy's physical resistance.
Playing Style Edit
All melee weapons should be used only as a backup weapon in situations when ammo runs out or you are reloading. However, this weapon is useful for clearing small to medium sized mobs of zombies in a pinch, with it's high damage and pierce.
Recommended Augs Edit
Deadly: The first choice for nearly all weapons. Allows it to deal more initial damage and lets it kill faster.
Adaptive: Allows it to kill off physical resisting enemies easier. Makes it more versatile. It's also a crucial aug for Nightmare Mode.
Biosynthesis: It will come in handy at regaining health in a pinch. Also, only 3 augments are eligible to be put onto this weapon, so every little bit helps.
More Facts Edit
- The Katana was used by the Samurai of Feudal Japan. Carrying both a Katana and a Wakizashi was a sign that the person was a Samurai.
- A well made Katana is very durable and can split a bullet.
in addition to many other objects
- The real life Katana is in reality not some sort of super weapon, as many people believe. However, it has proved to be extremely deadly.
- It is part of Kaizen Corp.'s "Legends" series of weapons, consisting of revived and improved weapons of well known weapons from the past.
- It's one of the rarest melee weapons to be dropped in strongboxes.
- If the user doesn't sharpen it, it will be unusable until it's sharpened again.
- Low carbon steel is usually used for the core, while high carbon steel and remelted pig iron are used for the outer skin of the blade.