The Plague is Rancor's take on of a rocket launcher. It's not like other rocket launcher, as it'll deal chemical damage.
It's a great weapon to suffer giant crowds; due to the DoT, big blast radius, average rate of fire/rounds per second, and decent pierce. The Plague is lighter than most other rocket launchers, and enormous clip size. Even an unaugmented Plague can easily wither away crowds. A properly augmented Plague will wipe out crowds without effort.
By taking advantage of its low movement penalty, big blast radius, and damage over time; one can rush into a pack of zombies, fires some at them, and then run back. The zombies will then chase after the player, and drop dead due to the DoT.
Recommended augments are...
- Tenacious, as the Plague's power comes from the DoT(damage over time). Also deals more damage with the same amount of ammo.
- Deadly, to buff the damage.
- Capacity, to boost the clip size, as the clip is rather small. Also allow the users to fire for a longer period of time.
- Adaptive is pretty useful, and cheap, as it will help kill chemical-resistance zombies quickly, and spend less ammo.
- Overclocked will improve DpS, and stacks the DoT even more. But be sure to also add capacity if you're going to augment overclock, as it'll drain more rapidly. Plus you'll have to reload more often, making you more vulnerable.
- Enlarged will increase the range of the explosion.
- Pierce will allow more targets be damaged in the blast.
- Race Modded will decrease the reloading time, and time of vulnerable. But, due to the 20% reload cap, Race Modded is not worth it.