Basic Summary Edit
The RIA T50 is a Thermal Sniper Rifle manufactured by Rubicon Industries. Like the old RIA 50, the T50 was originally a slow firing rifle meant for precision takeouts. However, with the reworking of the RIA 50 that changed it to full-auto and doubled its firing rate, the T50's ROF has been increased from 2 to 5. It has much more damage potential than the RIA 50.
Playing Style Edit
As mentioned above, this weapon is made for long range takeouts. It also has some use as a long range crowd slicer. Due to the massive damage and higher RoF than the RIA 50 (unaugmented), the T50 is much more viable for bossing and will do the job until a HIKS S300 and/or Hornet can be obtained. Another nifty advantage this weapon and the RIA 50 have over the other sniper rifles is their early drop level. If you can get a 50 or T50 and use it until you find a HIKS S300 or a Hornet, you most likely will have already unlocked the powerful Sniper Rifle masteries.
Recommended Augs Edit
Deadly: The first choice for nearly all weapons. Allows it to deal more initial damage and lets it kill faster.
Adaptive: Allows it to kill off thermal resisting enemies more easily. Makes it more versatile. It's also a crucial augment for Nightmare Mode.
Tenacious: Allows this weapon to deal more DOT, meaning that when you shoot the zombie, there is a higher chance you can just forget the zombie and let it die, saving ammunition. This also comes in handy while bossing, especially against fast and pesky enemies like Necrosis, Runners, and Spitters.
Pinpoint: Helps the weapon to achieve more crits, which can greatly increase the already high damage.
More Facts Edit
- The "T" stands for "Thermal".
- Rubicon converts a lot of their damage weapons into damage versions. These include the RIA 7 and RIA T7, RIA 20 DSC and RIA 20 Striker, and RIA 40 and RIA T40. The increased DPS for the versions makes them much more viable to use. On a side note, Rubicon's weapons generally have lower pierce than their counter parts. The T50 is no exception.
- One of the only sniper rifles.
- User Derpinator 9001 suggested the idea in a comment posted on the RIA 50 page.
- User Lady Blue helped with the refining of this conception.